Thursday, October 27, 2011

Monster Mayhem

In a horror movie the monster is the star. The more grotesque and horrific they are the more memorable they become. Sometimes the monster is a creature, sometimes it's mankind. Here are a few of my favorite "monsters"
One of the most impressive and influential creature special effects by Rob Bottin and Stan Winston.

I don't know many people who don't absolutely fucking love this movie. While I attribute my initial interest in Christian Bale to Newsies, most recognize this as a landmark role in his career. And what a mighty fine performance he gives.

Modern Korean Kaiju

This is an example of a man who becomes a monster. More specifically he becomes a monster whenever he gets a boner. It's strange to see that this movie was rated PG-13, because I distinctly remember being really turned on by it when I was 6. 

No comments:

Post a Comment